Japonica sticky rice
A new japonica rice, course type variety was approved with the name of Fakhre Malakand in 2003 by the governament of khyber pakhtunkhwa from the mountains and cooler areas of K.P.K . The varierty is cold tolerant, early maturing, medium height with bold and medium grain and Sticky in nature.
Fakhre Malakand variety of japonica rice and has been registered with this name with Pakistan Agriculture Research Council Islamabad and provincial Seed Council in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Fakhre Malakand rice is becoming very popular and grown in cold weather areas at altitude of more than 1000 meters. Fakhre Malakand is irrigated by snow fed rivers of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Its grain is more qualitative in volume, shape and taste as compared to japonica rice variety Kosihikarai.
On milling the Fakhre Malakand rice gives higher head rice (56.8%) as compared to Kosihikarai (38.5%). The grain size and shape is also better than Kosihikarai.
The variety has also higher quality index (1.33) than Kosihikarai (0.91) which shows that the Fakhre Malakand variety has better cooking and eating quality than other japonica rice varieties.
|Moisture Conten||13% Max|
|Polishing Grade||Double/Silky Polished|
|Broken Grains||2% Max|
|Chalky Grains||3% Max|
|Foreign Grains||0.2% Max|
|Foreign Matter||0.1% Max|
|Paddy Grain||0.2 % Max|
|Under-milled & Red-striped||2% Max|
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ): 1 x 20 FCL
- Payment Terms: 100% irrecoverable L/C
- Shipping Terms: FOB, CFR, CIF
- Port of Loading: Karachi, Pakistan
- Offer Free Sample: Yes
- Estimated Shipping Date: 15 Days After ConfirmationShipping Documents a) Commercial Invoice b) Packing List c) B/L d) Certificate of Origin e) Phytosanitary Certificate f) SAFTA/SAPTA Certificate g) Fumigation Certificate